Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm Wondering

When it comes to having kids....when does being smart with your money turn into a lack of faith?
I desperately want to have children but when I look at our finances there is no possible way that we would be able to pay our bills if I wasn't working and in my opinion there's no point in having kids if you're just going to dump them in daycare.
I would love to start having kids now but part of me feels like it would be very irresponsible but another part of me feels like I'm not putting enough faith in God that he would provide....

...I just don't know....

1 comment:

Jane said...

A few things to think about:
Children are a blessing from the Lord. Why would God give you a blessing, and not give you the means to care for it? Also, we've noticed (and I've heard testimony of it from others) that whenever another kid comes along, so does another blessing (Like a work promotion, raise, paid off bill...)

No one ever feels ready for a kid: You'll never have enough money or time, You'll never feel just like your relationship is perfectly ready for it... but God knows when you are, and he's the one that causes pregnancy, so...

Consider how much it costs for you to work: It's hard, but with only one person working, you really only need one car which means - Less money spent on gas, less on car insurance, less on car repairs, 0 car payments. Less $ spent on lunches, and work appropriate clothes. Along with more time for homemade meals, which means much less dining out, more time to do money saving things like vegetable gardens, canning/preserving, baking bread, and mending. Take a nice long look at the budget and weigh what your making against what it's costing you to work.

And honestly, you know what it is. If you feel God giving you a check in your heart about a lack of faith, than ask him to help you trust him more. If you know you trust him, and He's just having you wait, than ask for peace in the waiting time.

I want you to have kids too! : )